As the world works diligently to practice social distancing right now, don’t forget to keep your customers close at hand! During this time of so many unknowns for businesses, there is one extremely important thing all of our customers no matter your industry have in common. You don’t want to neglect this!
Every single one of your customers no matter what industry you are in needs clear communication right now! The clarity in communication is essential because it affects everything you do. Businesses need to use every communication platform they have to get clear and empathetic messages to their customers. With operations changing daily customers need to know your hours, changes in operations and how you will continue serving them during these uncertain times. When you give your customers clarity they know they can trust you. So how do you do that?
- Keep the information on your website and social media up to date. This needs to be done right away if you haven’t already. When customers have questions about your new operations during this time your website is the first place they will visit. Remember, your website is your 24/7 information outlet, especially when business is anything but business as usual. Check out what we did to update our customers on our website here: www.digitalattic.com.
- Make sure you are sharing valuable information. Whether through your website, social media or email everyone is flooded right now with communication from businesses. Make sure the information you are offering is helpful and what they need to hear quickly.
- Let your customers know that you are still offering services that are important and of value to them. This is your time to serve your customers well, even if you have to do that differently. If you have automated email flows, revisit these and make sure they relay the message and services you want to send out right now. Ask yourself if it is serving their needs. Is there something you could add that would make it more helpful or informative considering what is happening in the world today?
- Be empathetic to your customers. A lot of businesses have had to close their doors, some people are not sure what is happening with their employment and there are so many unknowns. Make sure your communication is sensitive and shows you care and want to help.
- You don’t have to put everything on hold. It’s important to continue building relationships and trust with your customers in good times and in bad times. They will value the fact that you stayed in communication with them and kept the pace. Keeping things on a positive note and sending words of hope through your business will be appreciated by everyone during these uncertain times.
If you need help with your communication plan, updates to your website, email design, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at (559) 324-9341.